North Carolina’s First Incorporated Village
The Village of Whispering Pines, North Carolina was founded in 1959 by developer A.B. Hardee and was incorporated in 1969, having the distinction of being the first municipality in North Carolina to be designated as a Village. The Village is located in Moore County, in the Sandhills region of North Carolina. The Village has experienced a recent growth increase with a current population of 3,200 residents
The Village is primarily a residential community with significant recreational amenities that have attracted retirees for many years. Excellent schools in the Whispering Pines area and the close proximity to Fort Bragg military base have attracted many younger families in the last decade.
Eight Village lakes offer their special beauty, Village parks, and three championship golf courses that are among the best in the Sandhills and provide a multitude of recreational opportunities for all residents.
Whispering Pines residents come from many different places, but all share a desire to preserve the quiet, tranquil Village environment we all enjoy.